Douglas L. Eckberg
- A comprehensive index of the images of both Coroner's and Indictment records (in a single MS-Word file). The index is in two portions -- the first part covering the Coroner's Books and the second part covering Indictment forms.
- A detailed spreadsheet presenting all homicides and possible homicides found in the records (in a single MS-Excel file).
- JPG images of all homicides and other violence from, first, the Coroner’s books and second, the Court of General Sessions Criminal Indictments (in compressed files [Zip] of the digital images).
Indexes to Charleston, South Carolina Homicide and Serious Assault Records
Detailed List of Homicides and Probable Homicides, 1879-1912
Coroner’s Inquest Books (ZIP files of JPEGs)
- 1878-80 Images 3656-3723 [zip]
- 1898-1900 Images 4333-4355 [zip]
- 1902-5 Images 4358-4610 [zip]
- 1905-6 Images 4611-4824 [zip]
- 1906-8 Images Shadrach Gadsden [zip]
- 1906-8 Images 4825-4970 [zip]
- 1906-8 Images 4971-5123 [zip]
- 1906-8 Images Mike Frank [zip]
- 1908-10 Images 5129-5336 [zip]
Indictments (ZIP files of JPEGs)
- Images 5899-6071, 1136-1142 [zip]
- Images 7056-7216 [zip]
- Images 7217-7416 [zip]
- Images 8584-8837 [zip]
- Images 979-1134 [zip]
[zip] - Some links on this page are to compressed .zip files requiring extraction. If you need these files in a more accessible format, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.