Compiled by Randolph Roth
October 2009 version
The data on homicide among adults in New Hampshire and Vermont were compiled by Randolph Roth for his study of American Homicide (Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 2009). The sources are described in that study. The data on murders of children under the age of 16 will be posted when Roth completes his study of Child Murder in America.
The spreadsheet contains homicide data from both states from the entire period. The worksheets cover the years 1775-1846 and 1881-1900. The worksheets for the years 1847-1880 will be posted at a later date. It will take a few more months for Roth to type up those worksheets from his typed and handwritten notes (the work was begun before laptops were available).
- new hampshire and vermont 1775-1900.XLS
- For a csv version, please contact Randy Roth or Douglas Eckberg
- new hampshire homicides 1775 to 1797.doc
- new hampshire homicides 1798 to 1820.doc
- new hampshire homicides 1821 to 1846.doc
- new hampshire homicides 1881 to 1890.doc
- vermont homicides 1775 to 1797.doc
- vermont homicides 1798 to 1820.doc
- vermont homicides 1821 to 1846.doc
- vermont homicides 1881 to 1890.doc
- vermont homicides 1891 to 1900.doc